- Writing High-Performance .NET Code, Ben Watson, ISBN-13 9780990583431 http://www.writinghighperf.net
- Head First Object-Oriented Analysis and Design, O’Reilly, ISBN 978-0596008673
Links to useful articles/blog posts/etc. from around the web.
- An Overview Of System.Collections.Generic
- Streaming Into LINQ to XML Using C# Custom Iterators and XmlReader
- 60 .NET libraries every developer should know about
- Threading in .NET from C# in a Nutshell
- Customizing generated Web Service proxies in Visual Studio 2005 - Using existing types in a web service client.
Delegates, Lambdas, Events
Command Query Responsibility Separation (aka CQRS or CQS)
- 5 Minute intro to what CQRS is about
- A good introduction to what CQRS means and where it comes from
- Short article and diagram explaining CQRS
- Presentation by Greg Young about CRQS and Event Sourcing
- CQRS: Why, What and How by Ian Cooper and Neil Robbins
- Another presentation by Greg Young about CQRS and Event Sourcing(https://www.infoq.com/presentations/greg-young-unshackle-qcon08)
- The Impact of SSDs on Database Performance and the Performance Paradox of Data Explodification - Covers the crapness of MySQL, the important of good database design and SSD performance.
- NoSql on .Net presentation by Oren Eini aka Ayende Rahien
- A comprehensive primer on threading.
- Disposable classes for the Using Statement and the problems they can cause.
Low Level Internals
Thanks to ##csharp/freenode for the links!